Thursday, July 30, 2015
Anyone who knows me knows this, I LOVE to bake and be in the kitchen.  One of my weaknesses is kitchen gadgets, gizmos and baking utensils. I love my ceramic pie plate so much that I'm going to share one of my most favorite pie recipes, Apple Crunch Pie.  It's mouthwatering and delicious, I can't wait to share it with you!

Filling Ingredients
6 Cups Sliced & Peeled Apples
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Flour
3 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Topping Ingredients
1 Cup Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2/3 Cup Butter, Soft

1 homemade or store bought pie crust.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place crust in pie plate.  In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; mix well.  Cover and microwave for 7 minutes.  Spoon into crust-lined pan.  In small bowl combine all dry ingredients, hen cut in butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.  Bake for 35-40 minutes.

You will love this dessert!  Stay tuned for the next post, I will be sharing my recipe for homemade goat milk ice cream.  It pairs perfectly with this dessert!  Until next time!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
simplycountryliving
Welcome to the Simply Country Living Blog! My name is Amanda and I'm passionate about living the simply country life. I live in Cody, Wyoming, the rodeo capitol of the world! If that's not country I don't what is. I live on a small place with 20 irrigated acres with four horses, one pony, 15 chickens, 11 Nubian milking goats, one dog and one cat. I'm the owner of Simplycountryliving.com, a on-line country home boutique full of high quality, unique products you will love!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.