Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wonderfully Delicious Brisket

Wonderfully Delicious Brisket

 

It's a good thing my hubby's a hunter, because my family loves a good chunk of meat!  The latest dish I created was the "Wonderfully Delicious Brisket", it's a combination of recipes I found on Pinterest.  I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I created my own, I love to do that, don't you?  I used a brisket from a buffalo my husband hunted a few winters ago, even though I used buffalo you could use any type of meat that's available.  I have to say it turned out great!  This is what I did:


3 or 4 lb Brisket 
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbl Spoon Beef Bullion
1 Packet Ranch Seasoning
2 Oz Liquid Smoke
3 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
1 Onion 
1/2 Cup Butter


1)Spray the crock with cooking spray and place brisket in the bottom.  

2)Pour water, Liquid Smoke and Worcestershire Sauce over top.  

3)Dissolve the beef bullion into the water mixture and sprinkle Ranch seasoning packet over top.  Sprinkle garlic powder, pepper and salt over top.  




4)Gently pull the edges of the brisket up and let the liquid underneath.  

5)If you wish, put the brisket in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.  If not you may go on to the next step.  I didn't marinate the meat overnight and it still turned out delicious!

6)Cut the onion into slices and place over top of the brisket, place stick of butter on top.   


7)Cook on low for 8 hours.

8)Let the brisket rest for 15 minutes then slide the brisket against the grain and serve with your favorite BBQ Sauce. (I added some ketchup to the leftover juices from the brisket and served it as the sauce, it was delicious!) 

There you have it!  A Simply Country Living brisket recipe. Do you need dinnerware to serve this tasty dish on?  If so, check out my dinnerware section on Simply Country Living.  I'm having a free shipping special just to say "thanks"!

Until next time, Live Simply and Live Country!
 


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
simplycountryliving
Welcome to the Simply Country Living Blog! My name is Amanda and I'm passionate about living the simply country life. I live in Cody, Wyoming, the rodeo capitol of the world! If that's not country I don't what is. I live on a small place with 20 irrigated acres with four horses, one pony, 15 chickens, 11 Nubian milking goats, one dog and one cat. I'm the owner of Simplycountryliving.com, a on-line country home boutique full of high quality, unique products you will love!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.